Where we are located
We are located in Kenya in the lush ancient coastal town of Kilifi (midway between Mombasa and Malindi) near the emerald green Takaungu creek. The 20 acre property is tucked away between the wild cliffs of Vuma, the turquoise waters of Kilifi Creek and the 10km white sand beach of Bofa.
What are your working hours?
- Our normal office business hours are from 8:.am to 5:00pm. During events however, we run 24/7 as needed.
Is there free wifi?
- “Yes, we have free access full WIFI coverage at the Baraza Hub and 3G network throughout the 25 acre site.
Can I use your space for a meeting?
- Yes. We have a 250 Sq Meters two storey with outside terrace meeting space available for hire. The space comes with wifi, stationery, fridges, conference amenities and furniture. We can also provide sound, mics, meals, drinks, customised team building activities for break out sessions on request.
Can we use our own supplier?
- Sure thing! We usually work closely with an approved and reliable supplier list at the venue. If you would like us to welcome a different supplier, we would be happy to assist.
What events do you host at the venue?
- We can host any type of even from private parties to large scale festivals. Click here to learn more about the different events we host For corporates (linked) , For teams (linked) and For fun (linked).
Is there an outdoor space?
- Yes. Beneath the Baobabs sits on a 25 acre piece of land on which we have 400 square meters of outdoor decks, performance stages, bars, a water slide, plenty of shaded area for camping, lots of outdoor activities and more.
Are there age limits admissions?
- Beneath the Baobabs as an events space does not have any age restriction as it is a family friendly space. However, different events we host have different age limitations which are at the event owners’ discretion
Is the space wheelchair friendly?
- Beneath the Baobabs can be a wheelchair friendly venue depending on which areas you are using, but we must be made aware in advance. If you have guests with accessibility needs, we will be most delighted to work closely together to find the best solution for their comfort.
How do I book your space for an event?
- You could start by sending us an email to email@example.com (Linked) and our team will help you get the ball rolling from there. We will be happy to tailor-make the best experience that will fit your event needs.
What is your cancellation policy?
Our cancellation policy will depend on the scale and nature of the event. Generally if an event is cancelled within 1 month of the start date the deposit will be forfeited.
What are your payment terms?
Terms and Conditions will appear in your event contract
What’s included in the venue hire fees?
- This depends on the event type and package proposed by our team. However, the basic elements included in the venue cover charge fees will include the venue hire rates, use of facilities on the ground, administrative costs, mains power and bore-hole water use, pre-event and post event clean up.
Does your venue permit smoking?
- Yes, however we can happily ban smoking at your request
Is there parking available with the venue?
- Yes. We have lots of parking space available. For smaller events, the parking is very close to our facilities. For larger events, we have ample parking available 200m away.
Can I supply my own alcohol?
- We have fully stocked operational bars at the site at your disposal. However, should you wish to bring your own drinks, then a corkage fees will be applicable.